please try again.
The Changing History of Chinese Police Clothing
Since 1950, the standard clothing of the People's Police has undergone seven reforms in color and style. With each reform, the variety and quality of uniforms have increased and improved to varying degrees. The previous reform of police uniforms has two characteristics: one is the color, basically beige to green, olive green, etc., most of them are similar to the color of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Army uniform; the second is that the style is based on the Zhongshan suit, Special attention is paid to the shape of the four pockets in the top. The 99-style police uniform is an epoch-making change in function, style and color, focusing on international integration.
1. Type 50. The top is white and grass green, the bottom is navy blue, and the flat-brimmed hat is known as the "Ma Tianmin style". There are clothing for cadres and policemen. The dress code is the same as the Chinese People's Liberation Army, the difference is that the badge is marked with "People's Public Security Forces", the armband is shield-shaped, the word "Public Security" is written horizontally on the top, and the military emblem is affixed below. The cap badge is a red five-pointed star embedded with the words "Public Security" in the middle. This type of uniform was used until 1956.
At the beginning of 1950, with the approval of the State Council, the People's Police uniformed the national standard, that is, the 50 standard, and unified the coat of arms and the badge. On May 1, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau distributed the 50-standard summer clothing for public security, household registration, transportation and firefighting police for the first time. The police uniform is beige, the left collar is prefixed with the numbers "rule", "household", "cross", and "dead" according to the type of police, and the right collar is studded with the badge "People's Police", and Wear the "People's Police" cloth badge: the winter police uniform is dark green, with black chemical (ie plastic) buttons, made according to the cadres and ordinary police. The top of the cadre police uniform is a lapel, 4 upper and lower pockets, and the lower side is a sling; the bottom is a suit-style pants. Ordinary male police uniform has a lapel collar and 4 flat pockets; the bottom is breeches, and 7 black chemical buttons (without leg wraps) are attached to the slits of the two trouser legs, and a black belt is tied outside. Ordinary policewomen's uniforms have large lapels, a small pocket on the left chest, two oblique pockets on the lower chest, two rows of buttons on the front chest, and five in each row. The bottom is a suit-style trousers and a cloth belt with a copper buckle. Both men and women wear dark green cotton caps with ear fans. The cap badge is a five-pointed red star with a yellow border embedded with the words "Public Security" in the middle.
2. Type 55. The top is white and grass green, the bottom is navy blue, and the flat-brimmed hat is known as the "Ma Tianmin style". In 1953, the Ministry of Public Security designed the five-five uniforms, equipment and cap badges of the People's Police. The cap badge is a national flag pattern, a red enamel flag base, a golden five-star, and the flag is surrounded by golden gears, wheat ears and light. Approved for production by the State Council, it began trial operation in the passenger police of the Soviet Union and Soviet Soviet passenger cars in 1954. The Ministry of Public Security, together with the General Logistics Department of the Central Military Commission, revised the new style of clothing. In 1955, it first registered, transported, firefighted, registered in nine cities including Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Chongqing, Xi'an, Shenyang, and Luda. Implemented in criminal investigations, foreign affairs, economic police and national railway police. In the summer of 1956, it was generally implemented in cities across the country.
3. Type 59. The coat is white with a collar added. There is a bronze shield with five five-pointed stars. The color of the bottom is changed from navy blue to navy blue. The middle of the plate is decorated with a copper shield, and the shield is embossed with one large, four small, and five-pointed stars. All police types wear collars. On October 1, 1959, the new style of civilian police clothing was implemented. After the reformed police uniform, except for the winter and summer coats (including coats and raincoats) of the armed, economic, and fire police, they are changed to brown-green. The colors of the other police coats and bottoms (including armed, economic, and fire) are not change. The wide and narrow red lines on both sides of police uniform pants and skirts are changed to narrow red lines. At the same time, the cloth badges such as "Chinese People's Police" and "Chinese People's Economic Police" were cancelled. Wear a long rhomboid red plastic collar instead. Embroidered gold shield symbol on the collar.
4. Type 65. Once again converging with the army's clothing, the coat is green, has a red collar, and the bottom hides blue. Remove the big brim hat. Grass green soft hat decorated with a round flag pattern. Many policemen in this set of "Six Five" police uniforms were not able to wear them because the "Cultural Revolution" forced many police officers to temporarily leave the public security positions they loved. In March 1966, the Ministry of Public Security wrote a special report to the State Council on the reform of the civilian police’s clothing system, proposing that the new civilian police’s clothing system, technical specifications and quality are the same as those of the PLA cadres. On July 2, 1966, with the approval of the State Council, this clothing system was implemented nationwide. The tops of all police clothing are grass green; the bottoms are dark blue without red trousers. Eliminate the top and skirt of Lenin's uniform in the original police uniform. The clothing styles of all the policemen are the same as those of the PLA officers. The cap badge is round and the center is the national flag. Golden ears and gears are carved around the national flag.
5. Type 71. To distinguish military and police clothing, large brim hats were added, and the upper and lower clothing were changed to blue. Later, the summer clothing was changed to white and blue, and the cap emblem was changed from the national flag pattern to the circular pattern of the national emblem of the People's Republic of China. To highlight the characteristics of the People’s Police, in January 1972, the State Council approved the “Notice on Reforming the People’s Police Clothing” by the Ministry of Public Security. The color of the People's Police costume changed from grass green to navy blue. The firefighting police has implemented a compulsory military service system, and the clothing remains green and blue. In view of the problems of unclear colors and strong heat absorption in the 72-pattern police uniforms, on May 1, 1974, with the approval of the State Council, household registration, public security, criminal, foreign affairs, judicial, railway, shipping and other police types, from the same day The police uniforms are the same as the traffic police. Male policemen wear blue big brim hats, female policemen wear blue brimless hats, all have white hoods with blue lines, border guards, forest and railway escort police, summer and winter clothing are changed to the same as the fire police Blue police uniform.
6. Type 83. After the 1970s, with the gradual advancement of the regularization construction of the People's Police, the Ministry of Public Security began to reform the clothing system of the People's Police. By 1983, the design was completed, which was the eighty-three police uniform, which was considered a major reform. Weeding green and red collars have no new accidents, and other changes are great: the top has a shoulder loop decorated with yellow edges; the sleeve has two yellow sleeve lines, the bottom is decorated with red pants lines; the big brim hat has a badge, The cap badge is a blue shield surrounded by golden wheat ears. It is composed of the national emblem, the shield, the Great Wall, and the pine branches. There is a siren on the chest and an armband on the top. ". In 1985, the national police uniformly wore new uniforms. Approved by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, on January 1, 1984, the Beijing Municipal Traffic Police replaced 83 police uniforms. The 83 standard male and female police uniforms are olive, and the male police uniform tops are 4 hidden pockets; the female police uniform tops are small lapels, single-breasted, and there are two hidden pockets under the front lapel. The 83 standard winter clothing is divided into two kinds of police uniforms of breeches and polyester cardigans. The summer clothing is divided into two kinds of police uniforms of Verdun fabrics and police uniforms of really good fabrics. Both the men's and women's police uniform tops and coats are sewn with two yellow sleeve lines and the shoulder loops are sewn with a yellow cloth edge. There are red trousers on both sides of the trousers for men's and women's police uniforms and the skirts distributed for women's police in summer.
7. Type 89. The 89-style police uniform is an improvement on the 83-style police uniform. On the basis of roughly unchanged, the 89-type police uniform pants canceled the red pants line on both sides, and the red collar was changed to a red shield collar flower against a pine branch, with a golden five-pointed star inside . The big brimmed hat is supplemented with golden yellow silk braided decorative tape. The women's policeman changed to wearing a short stand with a brim soft hat. In 1993, the People's Police awarded police ranks, wearing a police rank mark, and distinguished the main uniform and its logo from the 89-style police uniform, and made small improvements. The final version of the administrative duty police badge is olive, and the technical duty police is silver gray. In 1995, the sword-shaped collar and the police badge were cancelled, and the police rank logo was changed to a sword-shaped olive-colored base plate with golden yellow four-pointed stars and crossbars.
8. Type 99. That is the current police dress. The basic color is navy blue, which is basically in line with international police clothing. The word "public security" on the armband became "police". The color of the 99-type police uniform is the navy blue or navy blue commonly used by the international police, the light blue is used for the police and patrol shirts, the iron gray is used for the ordinary civilian police shirts, and the white is used for the senior police officer shirt. The ties of senior police officers and traffic patrol policemen are blue, and the ties of other policemen are silver gray. Wear cap badges, collar flowers, police ranks, sirens, chest badges. There are three types of police ranks: hard police ranks are used for regular clothes and eggplants to overcome; soft police ranks are used for long and short shirts; and sleeve police ranks are used for multi-functional suits. The new 99-style police uniform is divided into regular service, training service and multi-function service.
Previous : None